[OS X TeX] Re: Font cache problems with XeLaTeX under Snow Leopard

J. McKenzie Alexander jalex at lse.ac.uk
Sat Sep 26 21:06:58 CEST 2009

> From: Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE>
> Subject: Re: [OS X TeX] Re: Font cache problems with XeLaTeX under
> 	Snow Leopard
>
> Am 26.09.2009 um 19:42 schrieb J.McKenzie Alexander:
>
>> When I run the above through XeLaTeX
>
> ... you should be producing errors. The fontspec documentation
> clearly documents \setmainfont{} as part of the preamble. This means:
>
>  • it only is used once
>  • it only is used outside the document environment
>  • there are no documents in this world I know that have more than
> one main font.

The basic problem remains if I move \setmainfont{...} to the preamble
(and delete all the other instances of it in the document): setting
the main font to Baskerville or Hoefler Text doesn't generate italic
text from \emph{...} or boldface text from \textbf{...}. But I can get
italic and boldface text if I set the main font to something else
(like Book Antiqua), which was what I was trying to demonstrate.

J.

--
Dr J. McKenzie Alexander
Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method