[OS X TeX] Random Bold Appearance

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Sep 15 01:36:15 CEST 2009

On Sep 14, 2009, at 10:58 AM, Christopher Allen wrote:

> I've run into something really odd, and I'm clueless. I have typset
> many
> pages since my last update of any kind to either my system or my LaTeX
> stuff. I'm running 10.5.8 with TeXShop 2.10beta10 and MacTex2008.
> Everything
> was fine. Then I tried typesetting a document and was given all
> bold. I've
> opened the document with:

This sounds like the infamous Font Cache bug but I can't be sure.
Download and run FontNuke from <http://www.jamapi.com/pr/fn/>. If that
clears things up go to <http://www.tug.org/mactex/fontcache/>, read
the information there and download and install the fixed binaries. The
up and coming MacTeX-2009 will already have the fixes built into the
binaries and fonts.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)