[OS X TeX] MUST zap aux files

david craig dac at panix.com
Mon Sep 7 02:15:35 CEST 2009

Recently I've been running into something that I just don't ever
remember having to do in the past, and I've been using TeX for quite a
few years.

Namely, after tripping over certain some mistake or other (say, an extra
brace or something), even once the error is corrected TeX cannot process
the file without choking until I delete the aux file.  I have found no
particular pattern to this.

I'm using TeXShop 2.26 with an up-to-date (according to TeX Live
Utility) TeX Live 2008 on Mac OS X 10.5.8.   The paper I've been working
on is in revtex, and I'm using pdflatex.

This isn't terribly serious, but it's just different from anything I
ever remember having to do, and now when I get a TeX error in the
console I don't know whether there really is a problem with the source,
or whether there's just something goofy in the aux file.

Thoughts?

David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>