[OS X TeX] Borderless (or almost borderless) printing

ewan.Delanoy at math.unicaen.fr ewan.Delanoy at math.unicaen.fr
Tue Oct 27 18:07:42 CET 2009

          Hello all,

  in my (admittedly limited) experience with
 (WYSIWYG or not) text processors, it is usually impossible
to have control over the whole of the printed page : whenever
you try to put something too near the edge, texts and images
get unpredictably displaced.

  I did not find LaTeX ( or even LaTeX with TikZ)
different in that respect :
currently I need to produce tenths of copies of rather small
(simple geometric) images, so the best and
most economic way of doing it is to "pave" the A4 sheet I'm printing
on, with one image in each rectangle.

  AFAIK, even drawing the "pavement lines" (indicating how the sheet
will have to be cut) is undoable in LaTeX or TikZ. The lines will never
reach the
edges of the sheet no matter what ingenious commands one puts in the
source file.

 So my question is : if "doing what you want" on the full sheet is
impossible,
what is the next best solution ? What is the largest subrectangle of the
sheet where LaTeX (or TikZ) commands have a normal, "non-edgy" behaviour ?

                 Any help appreciated,

                                                            Ewan