[OS X TeX] texhash has stopped working -help!

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 11:09:28 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 3:28 AM, Rowland McDonnell
<rjmmnet-lists at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got MacTeX 2008 installed - having used the MacTeX installer normally
> (3.06GHz Core2Duo iMac, MacOS X 10.6.1).

Please run tests

% which tex

% which texhash

% ls /usr/local/texlive/2008/bin/universal-darwin/texhash

% /usr/local/texlive/20089/bin/universal-darwin/texhash

% echo $PATH       (if you are using bash)
% echo $path          (if you are using tcsh)

Victor

> I've just added a package manually.
>
> I tried to run texhash, which I've run before.   It used to do as expected,
> but it's stopped working.  This is what I was told:
>
> Harry:~ rowland$ texhash
> -bash: texhash: command not found
> Harry:~ rowland$ mktexlsr
> -bash: mktexlsr: command not found
> Harry:~ rowland$
>
> Clearly, some path is not correctly set

No, let's be open to possibilities of different screw-ups

Victor