[OS X TeX] How to split horizontally the PDF preview in TeXshop

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 22:40:09 CEST 2009

On Oct 9, 2009, at 11:56 AM, Vincent Verfaille wrote:

> I remember somone asked a similar question question, on another
> list, but could not find the message anymore.
> He said something like "I finally edited the nib files", which may
> mean he was able to do it by hacking the sources, which I am not
> able to.

I hasten to say that I have no idea about this.

But, on this list, there once was a thread, Split PDF view, in which
I had suggested/requested that TeXShop's  preview be splittable the
same way as the source is.

At the time, Slater wrote "That would undermine what TeXShop actually
is" and, if I agree with him that "[Koch] has the right idea in being
very conservative avoiding featuritis", I would argue in this case
that splitting the preview the same way the source is would really
only be a---possibly prohibitively dificult---symmetrization of an
already existing feature.

In any case, I thought I would highjack this thread to see whether
the winds might not have turned.

Hopeful regards
--schremmer