[OS X TeX] Texworks

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Tue Oct 13 19:00:49 CEST 2009

On 13 Oct 2009, at 17:45, Alain Matthes wrote:

> If I want to compile with dvi + ps, I need a new engine like
>
> simpdftex
>
> I try
>
> $latex
> $fullname with success but is it possible to use $synctexoption with
> simppdftex ?

I think you want to define a tool as:

   Program:    simpdftex
   Arguments:  latex
               --extratexopts
               -synctex=1
               $fullname

in order to pass the synctex setting to the tex program.

(Don't worry about the symbolic $synctexoption version of this; you
can simply pass the literal argument you need. The predefined tools do
it in a roundabout way for obscure MikTeX compatibility reasons, but
that doesn't affect you here.)

JK