[OS X TeX] Texshp+TL09

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Oct 12 18:55:00 CEST 2009

On Oct 12, 2009, at 10:05 AM, Per Ting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As a new immigrant from PC to Mac, I need some help to set up MacTex
> (Texshop and friends) with TL09. Downloading MacTex will install
> TL08. I am
> told that TL09 is stable and usable and has update facilities not
> present in
> TL08. So my questions:
>
> 1-What are the steps for installing TL09+Texshop(and friends)? Note
> that I
> am very new to Mac.
> 2-Are there any set of Macros (scripts) available for Texshop that
> can be
> downloaded. As a long time user of MikTex+Winedt on PC I had
> developed a
> good set of Macros for Winedt; in addition, Winedt had already a
> generous
> set of macros coming with it or available from winedt.org site. I was
> wondering if there exists a site with similar macros for texshop?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Per

Howdy,

MacTeX(TeX Live)-2009 is still in pretest although I'd expect it to be
finalized and released in the next week or two. You can download a
pretest version (quite stable but not the final release) by choosing
one of the hosts at <http://www.tug.org/texlive/mirmon/> and get more
information at <http://www.tug.org/texlive/pretest.html>. Choose to
download the mactex-2009-oct-4.mpgks.zip (1.3GB) which is the latest
packaging as of today.

If you can wait a week the final pretest version, barring major
disaster, should be available.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)