[OS X TeX] diffps with Snow Leopard ?

Steffen Wolfrum mactex_ab at st.estfiles.de
Sun Oct 11 16:01:59 CEST 2009

Am 11.10.2009 um 15:13 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> On Oct 11, 2009, at 5:09 AM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>
>> Hi Axel, hi Jan, hi all,
>>

>> does anyone already has diffps successfully installed under Snow
>> Leopard?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Steffen
>
> Howdy,
>
> I have one dated from summer '08 in ~/bin (?) but I have no idea
> where it came from. given that it's in ~/bin I'd guess I put it
> there some time ago. Haven't used it at all so I don't know if it
> actually works and there is no man page that I know of. I just ran
>
> ~/bin/diffps -h
>
> and got the help page which, at the bottom, says ``Created by
> Michael Sternberg, 2001-2007. Use at your own risk.''
>
> There was a short thread about it and Leopard at <http://www.tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2008-April/034949.html
> > (and the previous, linked message) and you can download the script
> at <http://homepage.mac.com/michael.g.sternberg/tex/index.html>.

Hi,

it should have been more precisely: "does anybody alredy has
successfully used under Snow Leopard?" ;o)

When I run Michaels script I get an error:

    **** File has an unbalanced >> (close dictionary).
    **** Incorrect object count in object stream.
Error: /rangecheck in resolveobjectstream

[...]

GPL Ghostscript 8.63: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

Best,
Steffen