[OS X TeX] MacTeX 2009

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Oct 8 04:58:53 CEST 2009

On Oct 7, 2009, at 6:51 PM, Paul Fons wrote:

> I noted that the error regarding kpsewhich and tried the same command on the MacPro (on which the TeXLive utility works fine) and both return the root symbol (which I guess is wrong).  Any suggestions as to how to fix the install on the MacPro?
>

> ~/Downloads/tmp.ZUbSoVIqX2/master $kpsewhich --var-value=SELFAUTOPARENT
> /
> ~/Downloads/tmp.ZUbSoVIqX2/master $ssh paulfons at neutrino.a04.aist.go.jp
> Last login: Thu Oct  8 08:10:27 2009 from sshgw1.aist.go.jp
> ~ $kpsewhich --var-value=SELFAUTOPARENT
> /

I think you've identified part of the problem.  Here's what it returns on my system:

$ kpsewhich --var-value=SELFAUTOPARENT
/usr/local/texlive/2009

Please run these three commands in Terminal and post the output.

which kpsewhich

defaults read com.googlecode.mactlmgr.tlu TLMTexBinPathPreferenceKey

tlmgr --version