[OS X TeX] Staggered vs stacked: TeXShop feature request?

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 21:21:18 CEST 2009

On Oct 2, 2009, at 3:00 PM, Maxwell, Adam R wrote:

> On 10/02/09 10:48, "Louis Talman" <talmanl at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 2, 2009, at 11:13 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>>
>>> 1) I was pretty sure it was not called "staggering" but then who
>>> reads the documentation?
>>
>> If I wanted to read documentation, I'd buy a Windoze box.
>
> To be clear, this is the documentation I referred to:
>
> http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/DOCUMENTATION/Cocoa/
> Reference/Applica
> tionKit/Classes/NSWindowController_Class/Reference/Reference.html
>
> http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/DOCUMENTATION/Cocoa/
> Reference/Applica
> tionKit/Classes/NSWindowController_Class/Reference/Reference.html#//
> apple_re
> f/occ/instm/NSWindowController/setShouldCascadeWindows:
>
> I wouldn't expect most people to read that :), but I've dealt with
> it in the
> past...Apple's window cascading can be tricky to work with.  Herb
> had a good
> point about dealing with source/preview windows, so maybe TeXShop
> explicitly
> disables it.

As it happens, I stack the previews and cascade the sources because,
when I typeset a source to see what I have done, the preview
automatically comes on top of the stack.

Well, since I don't wish on anyone anything that "can be tricky to
work with", I will just keep on going as before.

Stoïc regards
--schremmer