[OS X TeX] Editing with a TeXShop bug

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Oct 1 14:23:56 CEST 2009

On Sep 30, 2009, at 8:48 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On Sep 30, 2009, at 9:39 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> Here's a possible alternative. And it will work with any
>> application that uses Apple's Text Framework; e.g., Mail, TeXShop.
>> Get KeyBindings.zip from <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2> and
>> follow the directions for installation (works with 10.3.9--10.6.1).
>>
>> Then Ctl-X Space (Ctl-X and then, separately, the Space key) to set
>> an invisible Mark at the location of the cursor (you can only have
>> one Mark but you can reset it anywhere). Then, when you want to
>> return to the Mark you press Ctl-X Ctl-X (that's Ctl-X twice) and
>> the present location of the cursor and the Mark switch places so
>> Ctl-X Ctl-X will switch the two points again.
>>
>> There are other features of the supplied keybindings, e.g., with
>> the cursor within a word Ctl-U, Shift-Ctl-U and Ctl-Opt-U will
>> Capitalize, UPPERCASE or lowercase the word. I use the Ctl-U a lot
>> because I keep forgetting to capitalize the start of sentences.
>>
>> Other things too; Ctl-V and Opt-V scroll the text one window down/
>> up while keeping the cursor vertically centered in the window.
>
> Yes, I have long wanted to "explore" your stuff. But here is my
> problem: I tend to break things (E.g. when I walk into a bank, a
> couple of minutes later everything has come to a standstill.) So, I
> need to wait until I have an extended period of time so as to have a
> reasonable chance of repairing the damages. But I will, I will. Real
> Soon Now.
>
> Grateful regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

This involves placing one file (DefaultKeyBinding.dict --- supplied)
in one folder (~/Library/KeyBindings/ --- you may have to create this
folder) and logging out and back in. If you don't like it just remove
the file (and folder if you wish) and log out and back in. There isn't
anything to break.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)