[OS X TeX] Apple PDF viewer bugs on this shading

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Mon Nov 30 17:45:43 CET 2009

Le 30 nov. 2009 à 17:31, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> Howdy,
>
> I can confirm the problem you are seeing. Since the same pdf displays differently in PDFKit previewers (e.g., TeXShop and Preview --- incorrectly) while displaying correctly in Adobe Reader and (almost correctly --- transitions not smooth) in TeXworks I'd say it is a PDFKit problem. On the other hand, the fact that the latex->dvips->ps2pdf produced version appears correctly in all previewers leads me to a possible edge problem in tikz or pdftex. Sigh...
>
> This is using MacTeX(TeX Live)-2009 with all updates.

Hi

I used MacTeX(TeX Live)-2009 with all updates.

pdftex or tikz ? perhaps but it's not obvious!

Two remarks :

1 ) if you try to open the pdf

http://media.texample.net/tikz/examples/PDF/hsv-shading.pdf

with Safari, you see the problem but if you
 use Adobe reader plug-in in Safari you can display the pdf

2 ) If you compile with TexShop with dvi-ps-pdf the result
 is "correct" and Preview displays this pdf.
So the PDF is different with pdftex mode pdf and pdftex mose dvi ?

Best regards

Alain Matthes