[OS X TeX] Installing bibtool

Peter Pagin peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se
Thu Nov 26 19:53:21 CET 2009

This may be a trivial or irrelevant observation, but I have found that if a group of co-authors uses the primitive method of sending updates to each other by email, the cleanest way of handling the bibliography is to let each member be responsible for one of the bib-files used, and send updates of it together with updates of the tex files. This way people don't interfere with each other's files. Each has the choice of using BibDesk (as I do, great application!) or not.

Peter

26 nov 2009 kl. 16.59 skrev Jan Erik Moström:

> On 09-11-26 at 16:41, herbs at wideopenwest.com (Herbert Schulz) wrote:
>
>> How about BibDesk?
>
> While it works as a referensmanager it doesn't really work if several people are working together and if one or more use something else than BibDesk.
>

>                jem
> --
> Jan Erik Moström
> http://mostrom.eu

> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Peter Pagin
Professor
Department of Philosophy, Stockholm University
106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
tel: +46-8-162813, fax: +46-8-152226
email: peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se
http://people.su.se/~ppagin/pagineng.htm