[OS X TeX] PDF-window in TeXShop: buttons lost

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 24 21:39:36 CET 2009

On Nov 24, 2009, at 2:28 PM, Daniel Becker wrote:

> Am 24.11.2009 um 20:54 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>
>> I assume you are saying this happens with documents that actually produce a pdf file too? The one you show is using a htlatex engine which, I presume, produces html or something other than a pdf.
>
> Yes, it happens for normal tex->PDF typestting as well. (in this case, htlatex is an engine that produces both a pdf and a webpage, just what I had open when writing my mail)
>
> Daniel

Howdy,

Don't know what's causing the problem but you may be able to deal with it without closing and re-opening TeXShop. The next time it happens try to click on the ``lozenge'' on the upper right corner of the window (this will remove the toolbar) and then click on it again (to open the toolbar again).

There are other reports of this behavior but I haven't been able to make any sense of what is happening to cause this.

Just to be sure... what are your versions of the OS, TeXShop and the hardware you are using (mainly Intel or PPC)?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)