[OS X TeX] Interrupting and resuming an array environment

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 17:25:14 CET 2009

On Nov 20, 2009, at 11:10 AM, Randy Scott wrote:

> Yes! That's exactly what I want,
>
> Thanks very much Alain!
>
> Randy
>

> On 11/20/09 7:51 AM, "Alain Schremmer" <schremmer.alain at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 20, 2009, at 10:30 AM, Scott, Randy wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm using the array environment to create a list of equations, and
>>> I'd like to insert some explanatory text between some of these.
>>> I'd like the explanations to align at the left margin with the body
>>> text, and I'd like the equations to all be aligned at their equals
>>> sign.
>>
>> Not sure that is what you want but how about \intertext{} in place
>> of \\

By the way, with Michel Bovani's

	            \makeatletter
	            \newcommand{\interitemtext}[1]{%
	            \begin{list}{}
	            {\itemindent=0mm\labelsep=0mm
	            \labelwidth=0mm\leftmargin=0mm
	            \addtolength{\leftmargin}{-\@totalleftmargin}}
	            \item #1
	            \end{list}}
	            \makeatother

in the preamble, \interitemtext{} will do the same in any list.

Regards
--schremmer