[OS X TeX] Texlive error

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Nov 19 14:32:54 CET 2009

On Nov 18, 2009, at 9:05 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2009, at 6:47 PM, M. Tamer Özsu wrote:
>
>> I would  appreciate any leads/comments/etc.
>
> Format generation failed for some reason.  Was there a message that mentioned a log file?  I don't recall offhand where it's located, but that would probably give more clues as to what went wrong.

Howdy,

My usual warning about ideas blowing in the wind...

1)Is `TeX Live Utility->Preferences->Install updates for all users' option checked? In general it should be checked.

2)Is there anything in ~/.texlive2009/web2c which could interfere with proper processing? Note: you may not even have a ~/.texlive2009/ directory (you won't see it in Finder---need to use `ls -al' in Terminal).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)