[OS X TeX] Re : LaTeX output on a weblog

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 16:29:59 CET 2009

On Nov 14, 2009, at 6:16 AM, Andrei Sobolevskii wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 13:51, Juergen Fenn <juergen.fenn at gmx.de>
> wrote:
>>
>> First, you asked about blogspot.com. That's the free blogging
>> service of
>> Google, and I have not heard about a way to use LaTeX there directly
>> yet, although I do not want to rule that out.
>
> A Google search on "blogspot latex" reveals at least two relevant
> pages:
>
> http://watchmath.com/vlog/?p=438
> http://wdjoyner.blogspot.com/2008/04/latex-on-blogger-test.html
>
> The first one uses a third-party web service to render equations. The
> second one is based on technology apparently involving a Greasemonkey
> script to be used with Firefox, but in fact formulas on that page are
> rendered perfectly in Safari on my Mac.  I did not investigate why it
> works though.

An issue might be how widely we want to make what we publish on the
web readable. For instance, I believe that publishing in MathML
requires something special from the reader (Fonts?) which, If the
reader is a mathematician, may be a small price for her/him to pay
but which, in other cases, mine for instance, would tend to be a
deterrent.

Regards
--schremmer