[OS X TeX] An ounce of prevention...

Vic Norton vic at norton.name
Mon Nov 9 13:42:28 CET 2009

On Nov 8, 2009, at 2:33 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> We expect to have MacTeX-2009 out in a few days rather than weeks!
> So you may want to install that over the older system

I'm running MacTeX-2008 right now with Lucida and MathTimesPro2
installed in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local.
    1) Will MacTeX-2009 see these fonts automatically when I install it?
    2) My url and hyperref packages don't quite work properly in
       MacTeX-2008. When URLs are split, earlier parts point to the
wrong
       places. I'd just as soon get rid of MacTeX-2008 when MacTeX-2009
       is installed properly. How do I do this? Just trash the
       /usr/local/texlive/2008 directory?

Regards,

Vic