[OS X TeX] A \url problem

Vic Norton vic at norton.name
Sun Nov 1 19:46:36 CET 2009

On Nov 1, 2009, at 11:46 AM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> Try loading the hyperref package. The command below works fine for
> me. I am adding the files that are routinely loaded in my set up.

Thanks for the advice, guys. Unfortunately nothing seems to work. I've
decided to go with

   \begin{minipage}{6.0in}
      \url{http://vic.norton.name/finance-math/notionportf/
pricedistrib.csv}
   \end{minipage}

which doesn't split the URL and looks pretty good.

I have noticed a curious behavior with

   \begin{minipage}{5.0in}
      \url{http://vic.norton.name/finance-math/notionportf/
pricedistrib.csv}
   \end{minipage}

This typesets as

    http://vic.norton.name/finance-math/notionportf/
    pricedistrib.csv

When you put the cursor over the text in the first line, you are
pointing at
    http://vic.norton.name/finance-math/notionportf/
but, when you move the cursor just to the right of the text, you start
pointing at the correct URL
    http://vic.norton.name/finance-math/notionportf/pricedistrib.csv
Finally, when you put the cursor over the text in the second line, you
are again pointing at
    http://vic.norton.name/finance-math/notionportf/pricedistrib.csv

Regards,

Vic