[OS X TeX] OT: 10.5.7 issues?

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Wed May 20 07:30:58 CEST 2009

On 19.05.2009, at 23:47, Juergen Fenn wrote:

> Searching the web for 10.5.7 issues makes me wonder whether I should
> upgrade at all. Apple discussions are full of reports and queries by
> disappointed users trying to get their system running as before again.
> Seems much worse than ever before since I switched to the Mac.
> Particularly, users complain about an issue with X11 forcing them to
> upgrade to the latest xquartz from sourceforge.

In general, you hear much more from people with problems than from
those without. So the noise level in the forum isn't really
representative. I upgraded a MacBook, a Dual G5 and an intel iMac
without any problem.

simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

„In a world getting more and more democratic, film directing is the
last resort for dictators.“ Francis Ford Coppola