[OS X TeX] Texshop features

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon May 11 15:20:51 CEST 2009

On May 10, 2009, at 11:33 PM, David Arnold wrote:

> All,
>
> Couple things about TexShop.
>
> 1. It would be nice if the current line of the cursor could be
> highlighted in some way. Sometimes it's difficult to find the cursor
> in the source.

Howdy,

You can submit feature requests at <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=155796&atid=797241
 >.

There is a work around. Press Cmd-Shift-Right (or Left) Arrow. This
will select everything from the cursor to the end (beginning) of the
line. Be careful here and press Left (Right) Arrow before anything
else or you'll replace the selection with whatever you type.

> 2. Holding down Shift and hitting command down-arrow highlights text
> to bottom of file. But then keeping shift key down and hitting the
> up-arrow doesn't move the bottom of the selection region up a line,
> it moves the top of the selection area up a line. Disconcerting.

This is standard OS behavior. I find the best way to select a large
region is to place the cursor at one end of the selection and Shift-
Click at the other end of the selection. Also standard OS behavior.

> Just thoughts. Others might like things just the way they are.
>
> D.

There are many keyboard options built into Apple's text Framework;
some of which are already active but many of which aren't bound to any
keystrokes. It is possible to enable many of these and assign them to
keystrokes (even multi-keystrokes, e.g., Ctl-x Ctl-x). These
keystrokes will be active in all applications that use Apple's
Framework; e.g., TeXShop, TextEdit, Mail. You can get more information
and a set I use as KeyBindings.zip at <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2>.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)