[OS X TeX] Parts of equations dragged from TeXShop disappearing in Keynote?

david craig dac at panix.com
Mon May 11 02:00:32 CEST 2009

I'm using the latest versions of Keynote and TeXShop.

I'm trying a new method of generating equations for a presentation,
namely, simply selecting the equation using the selection tool from
TeXShop's preview window and dragging them into KeyNote.

I was thinking this was pretty cool, and if you're generating a lot of
equations easier than LaTeXiT since you can simply keep them all in one
file.

However, to my dismay I have found that quite a random, parts of certain
equations will simply disappear -- a letter or two, an equals sign, a
parens, whatever.  This behavior is highly erratic.   I can view the
same slide over and over again and it will apear fine.   Then I come
back to it and all of a sudden parts have disappeared.   I've yet to see
them re-appear.

Anyone else seen this?   A KeyNote problem?   A TeXShop problem?
Ideas?

Thanks,
David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>