[OS X TeX] One more thing, regarding Optima in GTAMac

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sun May 10 21:52:29 CEST 2009

On May 10, 2009, at 11:28 AM, Nathan Paxton wrote:

> 	All right, I'm going to try re-installing MT to see if that does
> the trick. I've followed the removal instructions from the MacTeX
> page, and I additionally deleted the /usr/texbin/ symlink. I also
> deleted the ~/.texlive2008 folder.
>
> 	Is re-installing gtamac as easy as using Gerben's i-installer
> package (GW texlive extras)?

Nathan,

One of the problems using just \renewcommand{\sfdefault}{gtmaoptima}
is that gtamacoptima.sty is not loaded, and that is where the font
names are defined, temporarily, in updmap.

The following works for me as expected. Try this before you reload
everything.

Michael

\documentclass[11pt]{amsart}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{gtamacoptima}
\usepackage{mathpazo}
\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{gtamacoptima}
\begin{document}
Test---this should be mathpazo.

\textsf{Sans serif}

\emph{\textsf{Sans serif italic}}

\textsf{\textbf{\emph{Bold sans serif italic}}}

\end{document}