[OS X TeX] Re: [pstricks] Buggy psChart?

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Fri May 8 11:02:16 CEST 2009

> All,
>
> I am running MacTex on 10.4.11. Can someone instruct me on updating
> pstricks-add?
>
> D.
>
> On May 6, 2009, at 12:18 PM, Herbert Voss wrote:
>
> David Arnold schrieb:
>
>> This produces the attached. Is the resulting pie chart the expected
>> behavior?
>>
>> \documentclass{article}
>> \usepackage{pstricks}
>> \usepackage{pstricks-add}
>>
>> \begin{document}
>> \psChart[chartColor=gray]{23,29,3,26,28,14}{}{4}
>> \end{document}
>
> I suppose an old pstricks-add.tex, which had a trailing space
> in the macro of \psChart. Try the latest version.
>
> Herbert

You can get it from CTAN, for example using this link: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/contrib/pstricks-add/

 From this page, download the zip file that has everything in the
pstricks-add directory.

You can then install the new files in your private tree - that is, put
all the necessary files inside subfolders of /Users/yourname/Library/
texmf/
(creating any necessary folders that don't already exist).

In this case, a possible arrangement is the following:

put pstricks-add.pro inside    dvips/pstricks-add
put pstricks-add.tex inside  tex/generic/pstricks-add
put pstricks-add.sty inside  tex/latex/pstricks-add
pust pst-fp.tex inside  tex/generic/pst-fp

After that, you can just try and retypeset your source file. The new
versions will be used (there is no need to run texhash or anything).

I've done as above and the result is indeed much better than with the
older version (which is really messed up!), although there is still a
small imperfection.
Do let us know how it goes.

HTH

Luis Sequeira