[OS X TeX] script/engine to support upgrading the "~/Library/TeXShop"-directory

Thu May 7 16:11:29 CEST 2009

On 07.05.2009, at 14:51, Daniel Becker wrote:

> Am 04.05.2009 um 16:35 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>
>> Not that I am ever on the cutting edge but I think this is the kind
>> of things I would indeed be something I would very much like.
>
> Dear Alain,
>
> thanks for the encouragement. There is not so much interest from
> others, but I will try to improve that script ...
>
> Daniel

I appreciate your effort and think the script is a nice idea. Still,
I wonder how often this situation (as described in your OP) actually
arises: your script seems most helpful whenever an update would bring
modified engines (macros, etc.) which carry the same name as
previously and require a thoughtful merging with the existing ~/
Library/TexShop/
Since I use TeXShop more for low-intensity LaTeX (for everything I
prefer Aquamacs) and therefore have few customizations I might not be
the kind of power user this script is trying to help.  I will
remember to try your script next time an update is necessary, though,
and might be more qualified to comment on it afterwards.

Best,

Alex