[OS X TeX] Sysquake for LaTeX (and TeXShop)

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 20:42:56 CET 2009

On Mar 28, 2009, at 12:49 PM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> the new version (beta) of gnuplot 4.3 patchlevel 0  is fine.
> You need to compile the sources

Stop right here: as far as I am concerned, that's the end of the trail.

> but it's possible.

No doubt, but not by me. ;-((

> Now this version works with utf8 encoding

Doesn't do a thing for me since I barely understand the phrase "utf8
encoding"

> If you don't want some problems, gnuplot 4.2 is easy

that's good

> more easy

easiness being in the eves of the beholder, that's not as good

> to install and you have the possibility  to use gnuplot with tikz.

That's what I have been wanting to do all along but that is a lot of
things to install … successfully and to learn. Which is why I have
applied my standard policy in such cases: wait and see.

> But sysquake seems to be more easy to install and to use.

It seems indeed that even I should be able to use it. And, as I said
before, that would vindicate my standard policy. (But I still want to
learn TiKZ)

While I am at it, why "(and TeXShop)"? Does TeXShop have to know
about Sysquake? (I haven't done my homework yet.)

In any event,
Grateful regards
--schremmer