About "[OS X TeX] How to install MTPro II Fonts?"

Vic Norton vic at norton.name
Sat Mar 28 16:55:28 CET 2009

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your suggestions. After I removed
   /texmf-local/dvips/mtpro2/mtpro2.map
and ran
   sudo mktexlsr
   sudo -H updmap-sys
   sudo -H updmap-sys --nohash --nomkmap --disable mtpro2.map
   sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map mtpro2.map
everything seemed to compile perfectly with no error messages.

Out of curiosity I just downloaded a new copy of mtpro2fonts from
PCTeX.com. It still has two mtpro2.map files in its texmf folder:
   texmf/dvips/mtpro2/mtpro2.map
   texmf/fonts/map/dvips/mtpro2/mtpro2.map

Unfortunately I still cannot compile the template file "MTPro2 LaTeX
test.tex". Now I am getting the error message:

   (./MTPro2 LaTeX test.tex
   kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi
600 mt2syt
   mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for mt2syt.
   kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
    )
   !pdfTeX error: /usr/texbin/pdflatex (file mt2syt): Font mt2syt at
600 not found

    ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Looking in texmf-local I can see three mt2syt files:
   texmf-local/fonts/tfm/pctex/mtpro2/mt2sys.tfm
   texmf-local/fonts/type1/pctex/mtpro2/mt2sys.pfb
   texmf-local/fonts/type1/pctex/mtpro2/mt2sys.pfm*
Aren't these the files pdfTeX is looking for?

This situation is totally perplexing. I don't need to use mtpro2
fonts, but I hate to just throw $100 away. Maybe I'll empty texmf-
local and try a complete reinstallation of mtpro2 fonts (without the
obsolete texmf/dvips/mtpro2/mtpro2.map).

Regards,

Vic