[OS X TeX] TeXcount Drop Scripts.

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Mar 23 14:16:39 CET 2009

Am 23.03.2009 um 14:01 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> (Also... can anyone with deeper knowledge about bash shell
> scripting than I have [that's a lot of folks on this list!] explain
> push/pop to me?)

You probably mean pushd and popd?

The former puts a directory on a stack. This top-most element becomes
now the current working directory. Pushd is in interactive use
preferred over cd because it does not clear the whole stack but adds
element after element on top.

The latter pops (or pushes away) the top-most element off the
directories stack. After a popd command the current working directory
is changed to the new (elder) top-most element on the stack.

In interactive use 'dirs' lists all the elements on the stack. The
command 'pushd <number>' puts the n-th element of these on top.
Similarly 'popd <number>' removes this n-th element without touching
the top-most one, i.e., without changing the current working
directory – at least when the number is greater than one!

--
Greetings

   Pete

The human brain operates at only 10% of its capacity. The rest is
overhead for the operating system.