[OS X TeX] tilde problem

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Mar 20 16:26:55 CET 2009

Am 20.03.2009 um 15:56 schrieb Art Werschulz:

> I'm using emacs with AUCTeX.  Whenever I type a tilde, the tilde
> becomes temporarily underlined, and the minibuffer displays a prompt
> 	~[!$-.<=>?ACDNOTacdnopstux|~]

Nice! GNU Emacs or Emacs.app do not show this.

> How can I disable this behavior?

You could change your keyboard layout. ~ is a non-spacing character
(as are a few more, just watch Apple's "virtual" keyboard viewer
utility), a modifier. By pressing SPACE it becomes a real TILDE.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Increase the size of your bike by at least *five* inches!