[OS X TeX] problem with error processing

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Fri Mar 20 16:06:15 CET 2009

Hi.

I'm using emacs, along with AUCTeX.

Consider the following small sample file:

\documentclass{beamer}
\begin{document}
\begin{frame}
   Hello \world.
\end{frame}
\end{document}

When I run this through LaTeX via the AUCTeX interface, emacs pauses
on the error and gives
    LaTeX errors in `*~/Desktop/blivit/blivit output*'. Use C-c ` to
display.
in the minibuffer.  I then type C-c `.   Rather than emacs taking me
to the error, I now get
    Master file: (default this file) ~/Desktop/blivit/
in the minibuffer.  If I hit return, I (not surprisingly) get an error.

Any ideas how to fix this?  Many thanks!

Art Werschulz
207 Stoughton Avenue, Cranford  NJ 07016-2838
(908) 272-1146