[OS X TeX] Problem with Figure/Includegraphics

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Mar 20 01:02:53 CET 2009

On Mar 19, 2009, at 6:10 PM, Jacques Dubucs wrote:

> This inclusion is sensible to the *label* of the image to include.
> If this
> label contains a blank space, then you will get the image *and* the
> label;
> else, only the image.
>
> E.g. From the following code will result 2 pictures of Gödel, the
> second
> one, but not the first one, being preceded at the left by the label
> "G.jpg":
>
> \documentclass{memoir}
> \usepackage{graphicx}
>   \begin{document}
>  \begin{figure}[H]
>     \includegraphics [width=.2\textwidth]{KG.jpg}
>        \includegraphics [width=.2\textwidth]{K G.jpg}
>       \end{figure}
>        \end{document}
>
> Bad feature, because the behavior of these commands should be
> independent
> from accidental features of the labels.
>
> Thanks for your attention,
>
> JD
>

> Jacques Dubucs
> Directeur de l'IHPST

Howdy,

It is bad practice to use file names with spaces in tex documents. If
you would look at the console output you'd see

LaTeX Warning: File `K G.jpg' not found on input line 7.

so there is a problem. While a lot of work has been done to be able to
use file names with spaces I try to avoid at almost all costs because
you can still run into problems.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)