[OS X TeX] ISO Latin 9 encoding in TeXShop?

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Thu Mar 19 00:06:05 CET 2009

Franck,

On Mar 18, 2009, at 1:19 PM, Franck Pastor wrote:

> I've just installed TeXShop 2.26 and tried its improved "Encoding"
> macro, which is much more easier to use than before :-) But I also
> noticed that an encoding is missing on the encodings list opened by
> this macro: ISO Latin 9. Is it recognized by TeXShop? In that case,
> what must I enter? Something like
>
> % !TEX encoding = IsoLatin9
>
> seems to work, but I would like to be sure of it. Also Ansinew
> (cp1512), the default encoding of many TeX front ends on Windows, is
> missing, but maybe it's a deliberate choice, since it's much like
> ISO Latin 1?
>
> Many thanks in advance,

It appears that the list in the macro is not complete. I'll fix that
in my copy here, but you can fix your copy by editing the macro. When
you open the macro code, the fix will be immediately clear.
I have never received a request for Ansinew; adding this would require
changes in TeXShop's Cocoa code.

Dick Koch