[OS X TeX] Is there a better alternative to \DeclareGraphicsExtensions ?

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno ramonf at hawaii.edu
Mon Mar 16 03:26:06 CET 2009

Aloha Dr. Schultz,

I think you did not read my posting carefully (my fault for being so
verbose). I am aware that one can omit the suffix in \includegraphics.

Let me try again. The best way to use TIFFs that I know is:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{epstopdf}
\DeclareGraphicsRule{.tif}{png}{.png}{`convert #1 `basename #1 .tif`.png}
\DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.png,.tif} % Add other suffixes as needed. Order
matters!
\begin{document}
\includegraphics{Hello}
\end{document}

This is nice. But what \DeclareGraphicsExtensions does is replace the list
of graphic extensions the driver knows (and it establishes their order of
precedence). It would be nice to append to the (end of the) list instead.

Thank you for you patience,

Ramón