packages in TeXShop (was: Re: [OS X TeX] question regarding spacing after a period)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Mar 14 00:50:40 CET 2009

Am 14.03.2009 um 00:24 schrieb Axel E. Retif:

> Leopard. But, as I said, this machine (desktop) is usually not turn
> on at such early hours

It's not necessary to turn it on at night. Launch Service will find
that it missed launching it and then repeat at working hours. It just
seems that it takes a long time to find and conclude. So, when your
desktop Mac is on too rarely it might miss performing the weekly runs
every weekend ...

>> In /etc/periodic/daily/500.daily, towards the end, you can find
>> the lines
>>
>> 	if [ -f /etc/daily.local ]; then
>> 	    echo ""
>> 	    echo "Running daily.local:"
>> 	    sh /etc/daily.local
>> 	fi
>>
>> This gives you an opportunity to run more things on a daily basis.
>> I have:
>>
>> 	nice /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb
>> 	nice /usr/libexec/makewhatis.local ... <many man paths to Fink
>> and MacPorts and TeX Live(s)>
>
> Then this is the reason for your anacron-like behavior, isn't it?

Yes and no! I made an addition to the daily duties. Usually
locate.updatedb runs on the weekend.

> In the past, and above all in my office machines (which were never
> turned on at such hours), I changed the time for daily, weekly and
> monthly cleaning jobs.

Yes, this is one way.

> But now I just use find for /usr/local and, for everything else,
> the excellent and free utility EasyFind

For me: too slow, outside the shell, no filtering. (No interrupt
button, too?)

--
Greetings

   Pete

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
				- Jeremy S. Anderson