[OS X TeX] TeXShop Feature Request

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 23:24:53 CET 2009

On Mar 7, 2009, at 4:14 PM, Michael Hanson wrote:

> On Mar 7, 2009, at 3:00 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>
>> Am 07.03.2009 um 20:07 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>>
>>> OK, since with mine that makes two votes in favor, how about
>>> phrasing the wish that way:
>>>
>>> 	A choice in Preferences between the current Source, Preview,
>>> Console windows and a single tabbed window with tabs for Root
>>> source, Included source(s), Preview, Console, Log, etc
>>
>> No, not that! What I meant is at least two tabbed windows. Plus an
>> optional third one with the console log.
>
> [snip: lots of options that I unfortunately could not follow]
>
>> A new name for the new tool could be: TeXShop Centre®™. TeXShop Mall?
>
> If one wants emacs, one can use emacs -- there are several
> implementations available for OS X.  I'd prefer that TeXShop Keep
> It Sane and Simple (tm).
>
> There: one lonely vote against tabs.

Not at all, I counted several.

> Plenty of other fancy, more configurable editors (with tabs,
> sidebars, sheets, HUDs, etc.) exist for those who truly need them.
> In my mind, one big benefit of TeXShop is its elegant minimalism
> that makes it quick and easy for mere mortals to use fairly
> effectively.

Being an old mortal, I can't argue with that particularly as I have
two large, if old, screens.

But I have a question. Does clicking in a couple of places in the
Preferences count as "configuring". I was under the impression that
there was a lot more to configuring than that.

Regards
--schremmer