[OS X TeX] If you have...

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Mar 6 16:42:02 CET 2009

Howdy,

We are trying to put together some information for those who install
MacTeX but already have a Fink or MacPorts TeX distribution.

I already know that Fink adds a line to shell initialization scripts
but I need to know exactly which scripts (i.e., the ones in /etc/ or
~), which files (.cshrc, .profile, .bash_profile, etc.) and what is
added. From previous discussions here I have some information already
but need complete information.

I also need to know the same information for those who have a MacPorts
distribution.

In all cases I need to know which shell you use as well as the full
file path (~ for HOME) and contents added to the file.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)