[OS X TeX] Re: BasicTeX-2008

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jun 15 21:02:48 CEST 2009

On Jun 15, 2009, at 1:34 PM, Leo wrote:

> On 2009-06-15 19:28 +0100, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>> Ummm... why not simply use the BasicTeX installer? Maybe I'm not
>> understanding what you're trying to do.
>
> Is there a clean way to remove the package installed by BasicTeX
> installer? Secondly it seems it requires root (administrative)
> access to
> perform the installation. That seems unnecessary too.
>
> --
> Leo's Emacs uptime: 5 days, 4 hours, 49 minutes, 14 seconds

Howdy,

Sure, go to /usr/local/texlive and remove the folder Basic2008 and all
subdirectories. You can even do this from the Finder using the Go->Go
to Folder... command. You'll need an admin password to remove the
folder structure.

On the Mac the /usr/local/... folders are owned by root. That is to
help prevent accidental removal of files and folders.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)