Fwd: [OS X TeX] Problems with iconv

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Mon Jun 15 17:26:30 CEST 2009

Dear Herb, dear Peter,

Thank you for your help.

The source of the problem was a \lowercase command in some .sty file
called by another .sty file called by the main file. I came across it
when trying to make a reduced file to show to you.

In the old times, \lowercase could not handle diacritics, and I had
helped it by using very raw TeX commands. Of course this construction
was not stable enough to work well with latin1 and utf-8.

I have replaced \lowercase by \MakeLowercase, and everything runs.

André

Début du message réexpédié :