[OS X TeX] All TeX files are locked!

David Watson dewatson at me.com
Thu Jul 30 02:05:39 CEST 2009

On Jul 29, 2009, at 6:51 PM, André Bellaïche wrote:

> Before trying this, I want rto show you the result of ls -al in one
> of the affected directories. Does it look normal?
>
> -rw-rw-rw-+   1 andre  staff
> -rw-rw-rw-+   1 andre  staff
> -rw-rw-rw-@   1 andre  staff
> drwxrwxrwx@  20 andre  staff
> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
> -rw-rw-rw-@   1 andre  staff
> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
> -rw-rw-rw-@   1 andre  staff
> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
> drwxrwxrwx+   6 andre  staff
> -rw-rw-rw-@   1 andre  staff
> -rw-rw-rw-+   1 andre  staff

The @s mean that these files have extended attributes, that you may
inspect by
     ls -l@ *
in Terminal.

The +s indicate the presence of extended security information, most
likely ACLs that were added by using the Finder, or alternately,
Terminal-fu.

Do you have children?
Perhaps someone opened "Get Info" for a certain folder, changed the
permissions for "everyone" and then clicked on the gear at the bottom
of the window, and then selected "Apply to enclosed items".
I would suggest that you go to the containing folder, open "Get Info"-
 >"Sharing and Permissions", find the "everyone" item that has
personalized permissions, and then click the "-" at the bottom of the
window.