[OS X TeX] All TeX files are locked!

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Thu Jul 30 01:04:53 CEST 2009

Le 30 juil. 09 à 00:47, Alan T Litchfield a écrit :

> Option 1: Fix the ownership/permissions on the affected file (in the
> GUI, click on the file, press Cmd+i and look at the bottom of the
> opened pane. You will need the admin password probably.

But hundred of files are affected!

I have tried to read the info for some of the affected files:

For all of them, I get for owners :

everyone : personalized
Me : read and write
staff : read and write
everyone : read and write

I suspect the first "everyone" is the "everyone" of my MacBook Pro!

For EPS files, I get the same funny list of owners, but it does not
prevent rewriting on an existing file.

> Option 2: Repair Permissions using Disk Utility if you want to fix
> the whole disk's permissions at the same time.

I have already done that. It seems that permissions have been repaired
for system files, but not for my files.