[OS X TeX] Questions about updating

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jul 20 10:40:34 CEST 2009

Am 20.07.2009 um 01:35 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> The bad thing about this is that each distribution takes up ~1.3GB
> so you've got to have the disk space available to them to coexist.

This isn't that bad (TeX Live 2009 for testing occupies almost 2 GB
on my disk, 25 % more than TeX Live 2008), you'll need also 1,25 GB
for the Mac TeX 2009 test ZIP archive. When unpacked other 1,25 GB
disk space get used. Almost 5 GB are used now. With every test update
another 2,5 GB come in (ZIP archive plus install package), except you
decide to delete the older ZIP archive and its install package.

Recent Mac hardware, even Mac Minis and MacBooks (13"), start with
hard disks of more than 100 GB disk space. So there is some disk
space left for Mac TeX. Downloading the software can become a
problem: it takes hours and it can use up your DSL volume.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night, but set a man on
fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.