[OS X TeX] Re: [tex-live] Bug in MacTeX 2009?

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Thu Jul 16 05:51:21 CEST 2009

Vincent,

On Jul 15, 2009, at 5:01 PM, Listes wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I've tried on a PowerPC G4 1.67Ghz running 10.5.7, and so far got
> another error than the preference pane too:
> an install error with the following message:
> The following install step failed: run postflight script for
> Ghostscript 8.64. Contact manufacturer for assistance.
>
> Hope this can help...
> Best,
>
> Vincent

> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

I just installed Ghostscript 8.64 on a G4 machine running system
10.5.5. It installed without problems.

Could you find the Console program in /Applications/Utilities? Open
this console, and select "All Messages" in the left hand panel. Then
install Ghostscript again (use Custom Install to avoid the rest of the
install packages.) You should see messages from the installer,
including the message "run postflight script for Ghostscript 8.64"
After that, you'll see a few messages labeled postflight[144] or
something like that. Are there messages there? What do they say?

Dick Koch