[OS X TeX] Pre-testing TeXLive 2009

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jul 14 15:00:05 CEST 2009

On Jul 14, 2009, at 5:44 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 14 Jul 2009, at 10:45, Jean-Claude DE SOZA wrote:
>
>> - the texmf folder which sits in your home Library is not
>> recognized and I have to add all the files from it to the texmf-
>> local which is in /usr/local/texlive (authentication required). Of
>> course, after that you have to do a sudo texhash.
>
> A better approach (IMO) would be to figure out why the ~/Library/
> texmf folder is not recognized, and fix this -- and report back to
> Dick so that the package can be updated appropriately.
>
> (I suspect it is looking for ~/texmf instead of ~/Library/texmf, and
> needs an adjustment in texmf.cnf or something like that; perhaps
> Dick forgot to set this when building the package. But I haven't
> downloaded it to check, this is just a guess.)
>
> JK

Howdy,

Is this the same problem as the initial test release? (Note:
MacTeX-2009 is in testing phase so don't remove any previous
distribution you have been using with confidence.)

In that release TEXMFHOME was hard coded to be in a hard coded HOME
directory rather than ~. I think that has been fixed up in a release
that has yet to be distributed.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS IS REALLY PRE-RELEASE MATERIAL.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)