[OS X TeX] Pre-testing TeXLive 2009

Jean-Claude DE SOZA jeanclaudedesoza at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 14 11:45:51 CEST 2009

Bonjour à tous,

There is a pretest page for TeXLive 2009 on TUG : http://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html

The pretest files are on different hosts and choosing one of those
you'll find a MacTeX package (July 11th), from Richard Koch I suppose,
you can download.

After install, there is now in /usr/local/texlive a new folder 2009;
of course the Preference Pane Distribution TeX shows now two
distributions TeXLive-2008 and TeXLive-2009 you can switch between.

For now, all my TeX files using Metapost, Tikz or PSTricks, Beamer,
gnuplot or asymptote work perfectly excepted two problems:
- I usually use the FrenchPro typography package coupled vith babel;
it doesn't work anymore (no chance to fix this because its author
Bernard Gaulle is dead) and i have to delete it.
- the texmf folder which sits in your home Library is not recognized
and I have to add all the files from it to the texmf-local which is
in /usr/local/texlive (authentication required). Of course, after that
you have to do a sudo texhash.

I hope my explanations will be useful. You can also report problems to
TUG.

Bonnes vacances à tous.

Jean-Claude DE SOZA