[OS X TeX] texmaker won't open files (mactex)

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Thu Jul 9 22:13:22 CEST 2009

Patrick Lam schrieb:

> I'm new to Mac OS X.  I'm running into a problem with Texmaker.  I
> downloaded the latest version of texmaker and MacTex.  I can run and
> compile using texmaker just fine.  However, texmaker crashes everytime I
> click on a file to open it.  I have to open my files by first manually
> opening texmaker and then using the open option.  Clicking on a file in
> finder to open it will crash texmaker.  Has anybody else had this problem?

I regularly open my tex files with Emacs, so I just tried it out by
opening a tex file via its context menu with TeXmaker. It works fine.

I understand that this is a problem on Mac OS X that first appeared with
the version before the current one (see
http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/CHANGELOG.txt). So please make sure you
have TeXmaker 1.9.2 installed.

Jürgen.