[OS X TeX] problem with latexit (blank output, no error)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jul 1 19:43:50 CEST 2009

Am 01.07.2009 um 18:21 schrieb Leonardo Gualtieri:

> Output written on latexit-1.pdf (1 page, 5466 bytes).

Can you open this and the other PDF files in PDF viewers? What is the
result with XeTeX? Or when going the DVI->PS->PDF route? LaTeXiT 1.16
allows all this (and also to use other TeX distributions in the system).

One possible reason for a failure could be

> \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} %useful to type directly diacritic
> characters

which might fail with old gwTeX (but /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/
tex/latex/base/utf8.def is loaded). How is it when you comment this
line?

Could you clear your font caches, log out and log in again, and try
LaTeXiT again? *We* don't know when the font cache polluting bug was
introduced in pdfTeX. And when it's that bug you encounter, then
using XeTeX or DVI->PS->PDF should circumvent the bug  *in a clean
system.*

--
Greetings

   Pete

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
				- Jeremy S. Anderson