[OS X TeX] asymptote & TeXShop

Sylvain CHAMBON chambon.sylvain at me.com
Sat Jan 31 11:49:18 CET 2009

> You do have to tell TeXShop to accept .asy as a "typesettable
> extension". The details are explained in the TeXShop site (although
> there is a misprint there, the word "write" is missing):
> to add to the list of accepted file extensions, quit TeXShop, open a
> Terminal window and type (or paste) the following text
>
>      defaults write TeXShop OtherTeXExtensions -array-add "asy"
>
> Then start TeXShop again, and you'll see that now the typeset button
> will be active for asy files.

Thanks ! It's working perfectly ! The PDF file is produced and appears
in a window. Cool ! But, no message in the console... I put the '-v'
option in the engine and now it's talking to me via the console ! Less
chaterer than LaTeX, a shy program perhaps ;-)

Thank you again very much for your help !

Sylvain