[OS X TeX] backing up /usr (and MacTeX)

Rolf Schmolling rolf.schmolling at alumni.TU-Berlin.de
Fri Jan 30 14:35:16 CET 2009

Hi,

what about cloning it to an external Disk. I'd recommend SuperDuper or
CarbonCopyCloner.

You might then selectively copy the /usr-directory back.

Rolf
Am 30.01.2009 um 14:18 schrieb Alex Hamann:

> Hi and sorry for the slightly OT question:
> can anybody tell me how the /usr directory and its subdirectories
> are integrated into the overall system structure? Let me illustrate
> to make myself clear: I a probably running into complete re-
> installation because of disk problems and was wondering how to
> backup my customized and updated Basic MacTeX installation. Would it
> be sufficient to just copy the whole /usr directory to a backup drive?
> TIA
>
> Alex
> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Rolf Schmolling M.A. Historian, Rolf.Schmolling at Alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
http://rolf_schmolling.macbay.de/