[OS X TeX] tex4ht and biblatex

Matthias Damm mad at nefkom.net
Thu Jan 29 23:50:07 CET 2009

Am 29.01.2009 um 18:48 schrieb David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE,
CFM:

>> like probably most of us, I sometimes have to generate Word
>> versions of my papers.
>> I usually use tex4ht/htlatex for that.
>

> Thanks for posting this. It represents an issue that continues to
> plague me. I'm the sole LaTeX user in my organization and often
> interact with those who are allergic to my approach.

I get really good results with the conversion to OpenOffice via tex4ht
(much better than the usual approach via HTML).

Just try something like

	mk4ht oolatex <yourtexfile>

You might have to remove some PDF-specific code from your file (like
pdfcprot), which can easily be done with the ifpdfoutput command:

\ifpdfoutput{\usepackage[activate]{pdfcprot}}{}

(The code in the first pair of {}s is invoked if a PDF is created, the
one in the second {}s if not.)

Best regards,
Matthias

--